Quadrox: Yet Another Tetris Clone
Project Type: XNA
A simple Tetris clone built on XNA with most of my desired rule set. Did this just to practice C# and XNA.
- Can select starting level: 1-30
- Can spin the current block while it hasn't been locked.
- Can hold blocks
- Always in "Endless mode" - You don't stop after reaching level N.
- Shows you your next 7 blocks = more strategy, less luck.
- Can run in windowed or full screen mode
"- Secret" INVISIBLE MODE - toggled at the Game Over screen (F9). Well, not a secret anymore...
- Rotation when trying to slip in some bricks does not behave as intended. (Thus some S/Z/T-Spins might not be possible)
- Starting position of some blocks may seem lower or higher than others.
- Try and build Tetris with my desired ruleset (at least attempt to get it)
- Simple UI that does not distract you from the game
- Practice C# and using XNA
- Lightweight (well it is, except for the need for the .NET & XNA frameworks... )
- Unzip Quadrox_v1.1.1.zip into a temporary folder (doesn't really matter where, as long as you remember where it is).
- Open that folder and run "setup.exe" and continue with the installation.
- If you don't have the prerequisites ( .NET & XNA frameworks, the setup will download them)
- When it's done, it will automatically run the game in windowed mode.
- Remove using Add/Remove programs.